Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ending the Year With a Post (and an omelet recipe)

According to my last post, I was going to catch up and post some blog-worthy items. That was over five months ago, and here I sit--only hours away from 2009. Oh, well. Time to just wipe clean the slate. I'll end the year with a post and call it good. For this post, I will share my new favorite recipe for - strangely enough - omelets. Enjoy!


ZIPLOC OMELETS
*Ziploc sandwich bags
*eggs
*grated cheese
*diced green peppers
*chopped tomatoes
*crumbled bacon
*diced onion
*mushrooms
*whatever else you like to put in omelets

Beat 2 eggs and pour into sandwich bag. Add mix-ins. Remove air from bag, give it a good shake to mix ingredients, and place in a large pot of boiling water. Boil for 13-14 minutes. Cut top of bag and serve. (Just a tip--use a sharpie to write each person's name on their bag before starting)

Happy new year to you! May you enjoy the existential and metaphorical qualities of each omelet you consume in 2009.









1 comment:

Jen said...

Glad to see you blogging again. :)